Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hey Blunt! Stick This in Your Pipe and Smoke It!

Recently, the office of Senator Roy Blunt e-mailed me to update me on the government shutdown. I was interested of course. How often does a Senator send a form e-mail to a seemingly worthless member of his constituency like me? Probably more than I would think. Quickly, I came to realize this e-mail was not an update but instead an attempt to make sure I understood that this was all the Democrats' faults. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of either party, but I hate bullshit-thinly veiled-pointless-propoganda. So, I decided to respond. Have a read; it might just blow your mind ... or at least give it a HJ.

Come on! He looks like a date rapist!


Blunt offices' e-mail to me:


Dear Friend,

As you've probably seen on television or read in your local paper, Washington is facing a potential government shutdown this week. What's at stake is funding our government for the short-term while making much-needed cuts to our budget. But what is lost in the news coverage is what the American people really care about: drastically reducing the size of government, reducing spending over the long-term, balancing the budget, and ensuring that America remains a prosperous nation.

I believe that a government shutdown is not the answer. But we have a responsibility to ensure Washington is living within its means, just like every family and job creator in Missouri and across America. On Monday night, House Republicans posted a bill that would keep the government open for a week after Friday’s deadline, while cutting $12 billion over the seven days. Yet Senate Democrats and President Obama failed to reach an agreement, raising the risk for our federal government to close at the end of this week.

Make no mistake - we’re in this predicament because Senate Democrats abdicated their duties and failed to pass a budget last year. The Senate Democrats’ unwillingness to come to the table to make real budget cuts is not a responsible solution, and wesimply cannot continue spending money that we don’t have.

This is a critical debate, which is why I wanted to give you a quick update today. I hope you’ll join me on Twitter or Facebook to stay connected and share your thoughts online.

Sincere regards,
Roy Blunt

My response is a little more direct:

Dear Mr. Blunt,

I find your attempt to garner support for your, and more broadly the Republican, position on the issue of a government shutdown despicable. Blaming Senate Democrats when clearly both sides should shoulder the blame is a disgusting display of the continued politicizing of an issue important to the American people. Perhaps, instead of having your office construct this monstrosity, you should spend the time the taxpayers pay you for to find a way to resolve this issue through compromise instead of hardline politics.

You claim in your message to know what the American people care about, but clearly that isn't the case. Republicans may care about "drastically reducing the size of government, reducing spending over the long-term, balancing the budget;" Democrats may care about another set of generalized ideologies. Americans care that their representatives have the intelligence and selflessness necessary to work together in the interest of the people they represent. Right now, Washington is filled with people just like you who do not possess those qualities. That is forcing the shutdown. That is killing American prosperity. Not Senate Democrats. Not House Republicans. Politicians are shutting this government down.

You have lost my vote forever Mr. Blunt. I don't care if you run for P.T.A. president; in my mind, you're not qualified. You don't deserve my vote or anyone else's because you have lost touch with what matters. Either you no longer serve the interest of the people, or you're to blind to see what those interests are; either way, you do not belong in office.

With all honesty,
Marcus Meade

P.S. 
I am not your friend

Suck on that Blunt! (that's not part of the e-mail, I just thought that up ... where does it all come from?)

No comments:

Post a Comment